HOW BEST?: Mathematica figs -> Textures on Mac -> PDF

I want to incorporate Mathematica figures into a Textures document on a
Macintosh; the document is to be converted by Adobe Acrobat Distiller to
PDF.

I've tried several approaches but somehow I can't get the settings right
for getting a high-quality graphic (EPS or PICT with embedded PS) out of
Mathematica without getting PS errors later.

What works?

Thanks for any response. Please email me direct, as I do not regularly
read this newsgroup.