Re: writing mathematica data to a tab delimited file??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18342] Re: writing mathematica data to a tab delimited file??
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <mdsa at musica.mcgill.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:13:16 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It's not very elegant (a product of my first attempts to use Mathematica a
few years back, sorry), but it has been doing the job of writing tab
delimited files for me ever since. Just specify the list to be saved and the
path&name of the new file as arguments to writeOutput[ ].

A. Sharma

writeOutput[outputList_?ListQ,saveName_?StringQ]:=Module[{lineout,wstrm},

wstrm=OpenAppend[saveName<>".txt"];
lineout="\n";
Do[
lineout=lineout<>ToString[outputList[[i]],FormatType->OutputForm]<>Tab,
{i,1,Length[outputList]}];

WriteString[wstrm,lineout];
Close[wstrm];
];