Re: MathLink Programming reference

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16323] Re: [mg16268] MathLink Programming reference
  • From: "Dr. Christopher J. Purcell" <purcell at drea.dnd.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 01:05:46 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Except for its grossly ugly  cover illustration "Power Programming with
Mathematica, the Kernel", by David B. Wagner, McGraw Hill, 1996, is a
great book, easily the most useful Mathematica book I own. You will find
his treatment of MathLink, especially debugging methods very useful. His
description of the Evaluation sequence is unique and essential for anyone
who wants to look inside the black box. His advice on how to measure
performance, and choose the most appropriate data structures have
substantially improved the speed of my codes.