How to make lines of axes being seen inside a sphere in 3D space?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16746] How to make lines of axes being seen inside a sphere in 3D space?
  • From: "Min-Wei Wong" <minwei at gate.sinica.edu.tw>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:23:55 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

  I got problems with SphericalPlot3D. I combined the x, y, and z axes
together with a sphere in 3D space, and the 3 lines just attached the
surface on the sphere. What steps should I take to make the surface of the
sphere 'transparent' and 3 axes being seen through the origin?

  Besides, Could I plot the arrows on the lines of axes, and increase the
mesh of surface on the sphere?

  thanks.

minwei
minwei at gate.sinica.edu.tw