Re: Printing Graphics fm Mathematica J

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16788] Re: Printing Graphics fm Mathematica J
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:07:13 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 24 Mar 1999, Robert Himbarger wrote:

> I down loaded the article "Visualization of Complex Functions" from
> the latest Mathematica Journal to my Macintosh Power Book G3. I am
> trying to print the article on an Epson Color 850 inkjet printer.
> The problem I am having is that a few of the color graphics will not
> print. Most do, but some do not. I have tried giving lots of memory
> to Mathematica and setting the preferences to render in the front
> end with no luck. I have tried to print only one page with the
> graphic I want on it also with no results. Any suggestions and help
> would be greatly appreciated.

I suspect that the inkjet printer of which you speak is not a
PostScript-supporting printer, so setting the suboption
"GraphicsPrintingFormat" to "RenderInFrontEnd" is just a restatement of
what it is supposed to be doing by default.

Have you checked to see whether Epson has an update to the printer driver
for your printer model.  If so, you may want to download and install it.
If that doesn't make the problem go away, please send your example
notebook to Technical Support for further investigation
<http://www.wolfram.com/support/info.html>.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com