help - how to invert the x or y axis..

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17315] help - how to invert the x or y axis..
  • From: Jao Wei-Chun <jao at chara.gsu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 23:22:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there:
Does anyone know how to invert the x or y axis?
I want the y-axis to increase downward, instead of upward.
According to the "MathSource" said that we can use "MongoArray" package
to adjust the direstion of each axis.
HOWEVER, this package can only handel multiple graphics. Forthermore,
the output size is very small. (I think it is designed for "shared" axes,
not for single plot.)
THEREFORE, does Mathematica can plot a graphic with inverted axis?

Thanks for help
Sean Jao

ps:the following is the test input.
<<MongoArray`
dir={1,-1}
a=Plot[x^2,{x,1,5}];
MongoArray[{a,},AxesDirection->{dir,dir}];
The output will give me a very small size plot and some messages about the
({a,}) second input graphic is Null.
I don't know why?????