Split

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17450] Split
  • From: Russell Towle <rustybel at foothill.net>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 04:43:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a list of 3D polygons with known surface areas, say, 1000 polygons
and 15 different areas. I wish to divide the list up into sets of equal
surface area, and it seems that Split ought to be able to do this.

How can Split be used to split the list of polygons by area? How does one
tell Split to admit a polygon into a sublist if its area is within, say,
.001 of another area?

Thanks much for your consideration of this question!

Russell Towle
P.O. Box 141
Dutch Flat, California 95714
Voice:  (530) 389-2872