Re: PhasePlane Diagrams or Poincaire maps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17442] Re: PhasePlane Diagrams or Poincaire maps
  • From: "Peltio" <peltDOT.ioNOS at PAMiolDOT.it>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 04:43:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Gary Reich wrote
>Can someone tell me how do either one of these with mathematica

Gary,
I think you'll find something of interest by browsing the mathsource
archive.
For the phase plane I wrote a very primitive procedure that has served me
well until now, so I didn't feel the need for new ones, but I recall a
mathsource item named PhasePlot...

Anyway, these two books come along with packages and examples that will help
you do phase planes and Poincare's sections.
You can check them out on their web sites (I'm sorry I can't tell you more,
but any search engine will do the work for you).

Gray, Mezzino, Pinsky
"Ordinary differential equations with Mathematica:
a media approach"
Telos/Springer

Gerd Baumann
"Mathematica in theoretical physics"