Re: PhasePlane Diagrams or Poincaire maps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17438] Re: PhasePlane Diagrams or Poincaire maps
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 04:43:48 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Gary,

for Phase Plane diagrams you should take a look

VisualDSolve: Visualizing Differential Equations with Mathematica
Dan Schwalbe and Stan Wagon
(TELOS/Springer-Verlag, 1996)
ISBN 0-387-94721-3 (paperback/266 pages)

Poincare sections are a bit complicated. I have a pure
Mathematica package that does Poincare sections but it
is incedible slow. For good PS you must have your own
ODE solver (best with continuous output). My book (in german :-))
has some real good PS of autonomus systems. For non autonomus systems
the PS are so easy with Mathematica that you need no additional
tools.

Hope that helps
  Jens