Cubic Spline parameters?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17501] Cubic Spline parameters?
  • From: "tom.jazz" <tom.jazz at cwix.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 01:44:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Howdy,

I have a number of data points that I have fit a spline to using the
"SpineFit" add on packages in Mathematica 3.0.

What I'm really interested in is the rate of change of the fitted data
points.  When I list the Input form of the SplineFit function I get a list
that seems to contain:

1. The type of spline
2. The range of the spline
3. The data points used to generate the spline.
4. A list of 2x4 lists which are associated with the original data points.

My question:  Which of the 2 4-member list for each data point contain the
coefficients of the interpolating spline?  I have tried to recreate the
function value at the data points in question using one or the other of the
two lists without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jazz
tom.jazz at cwix.com