plotting discontinuity

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17498] plotting discontinuity
  • From: mrazek_martin at my-dejanews.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 01:44:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Can somebody advise me how to plot discontinuity in Mathematica 3.0 ?
For example: When I type

Plot[1/(x-2),{x,0,4}]

Mathematica plots asymptote (x=2) in the point where the graph has
discontinuity. I'm in bad need of elimination of this asymptote but I
haven't invented how. For example in other systems it is possible
to write discontinuity=true and the program plots it in this way. Which
option is it in Mathematica ?

martin