Re: Math Link question about String transfer

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17540] Re: Math Link question about String transfer
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 01:13:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Luc,

use MLGetString() and the code:

   MLGetString(stdlink,(const char **) &unistr);
   len=strlen(unistr);
   endstr=unistr+len;
   imagedata=pbm=(char *)calloc(len,sizeof(char));
   for(j=i=0,sp=unistr; i<len; i++) {
     pbm[j++]= (char) MLNextCharacter((const char **)&sp,(const char
*)endstr);
     if(!pbm) break;
    }
   MLDisownString(stdlink,unistr);

I works fine in the OpenGL Viewer for the bitmap transfer.

Hope that helps
  Jens