Re: Why Round[5/2]=2?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17499] Re: Why Round[5/2]=2?
  • From: Leszek Sczaniecki <lsczan at concentric.net>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 01:44:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Actually this is a feature. Round rounds numbers of the form x.5 toward
the nearest even integer. I know how annoying this is to people from
fields that do not implement this arbitrary (in my judgment) IEEE
standard, but your only choice is  to write your own Round.  Personally, I
believe that it would be quite useful to have an option for different
rounding methods, but that issue should be addressed to Mathematica
developers.

--Leszek