Re: exporting graphics as eps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17508] Re: exporting graphics as eps
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 19:53:16 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7h5ihu$98m$2 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Christian Verbeek <verbeek at uni-muenster.de> writes:

> i am talking about the FrontEnd | Edit | Save Selection as method. p.j.
> hinton was absolutely right. so i was able to fix the problem. but the
> solution is somewhat unsatisfying, cause the generated eps-file does not have
> a preview image. is it possible to generate eps-files with preview image in
> mathematica 3.0?

The only platform under which a preview is supplied by the front end
operation above is Macintosh.  Under Windows, you can use GSView to
add either a TIFF or Windows Metafile preview image rather easily.

The official homepage for GSView is:

	http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/new27.html

If you are working under a Unix system, let me know.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.			http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/