closing input cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17513] closing input cells
  • From: "Tom De Vries" <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 19:53:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

I am working as an online math teacher and I often create sets of notes in
Mathematica that I send off to students.

There are times that the input cells used to create the examples are
distracting and I often will close or delete the input cells so the notes
are easier to read.

It is "nicer" to close the cells as then I can leave the file intact and
modify it later if I need to.

Would there be a simple way to select all the input cells and close
them/open them at the same time?  I know there is a menu command to delete
all the output cells in one swoop.  Can I select all the input cells and
then change their cell property so they are all closed?

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for any advice you  might provide.

Tom De Vries
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada