Re: Problem with keyboard mapping

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17610] Re: [mg17544] Problem with keyboard mapping
  • From: "Tomas Garza" <tgarza at mail.internet.com.mx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 02:14:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mohd Azlin Ab Rahim [mohd.a.ab.rahim at vanderbilt.edu] wrote:

> Recently, I installed Mathematica 3.0 (pc version) under Windows NT. The
> installation procedure went out fine. However, when I tried to run
> Mathematica, it seems that Mathematica was unable to read the
> input from my
> keyboard correctly ( [ was outputted as @, ] was outputted as D
> and etc) . I
> suspected that there was some configuration error with the way my keyboar=
> was mapped under Mathematica. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I=
> so, please reply ASAP. I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

I'm sure your problem has to do with the keyboard settings. I usually work
in Spanish (under Windows 98) and I have to swap to English keyboard when
using Mathematica. For example, if I leave the Spanish setting, then
 appears as =B4, and ] appears as +. However, changing the setting is
straightforward, by just clicking an icon on the screen. You should have
something similar in Windows NT.

Good luck,

Tomas Garza
Mexico City