Two web-based university courses using Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17650] Two web-based university courses using Mathematica
  • From: Ken Levasseur <Kenneth_Levasseur at uml.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 03:37:38 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Starting May 25, the UMass Lowell CyberEd program will be offering
two on-line courses based on Mathematica:  "Abstract Algebra I" and
"Computer Algebra with Mathematica"

"Abstract Algebra I" is an introductory course in abstract algebra.  The
course will blend traditional topics in abstract algebra and labs from
"Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica,"  which will be available
soon from Springer-Telos
(http://www.springer-ny.com/catalog/np/aug98np/0-387-98619-7.html)
For more information on the course visit http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Math/courses/m421c/m421c.html.

"Computer Algebra with Mathematica"  is a three credit
university course for Mathematica beginners. It requires two
semesters of calculus (or equivalent) and programming experience. For
more information visit http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Math/m419.html

For registration information, go to http://cybered.uml.edu/

For more information on "Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica,"
visit http://www.central.edu/homepages/hibbarda/EAAM/eaam.html

Ken Levasseur
Mathematical Sciences
UMass Lowell