Re: Mathematica 4.0 NIntegrate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20641] Re: Mathematica 4.0 NIntegrate
  • From: smose65513 at aol.com (SMose65513)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 02:13:46 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I Tried the same problem on Mathematica 4.0 on my powerbook G3. I got  the
wrong answer also.  I then tried to see what would happen if the exponent, 1/3,
were put in  parentheses. I did this, and voila, the correct answer. This seems
to be either a misunderstanding of the rules of parsing on our part, or an
error in the parser. Any comments?

Regards,
Harvey Moseley