Reed Solomon Codes in matrix form

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20740] Reed Solomon Codes in matrix form
  • From: "Martin van Eersel" <xmartin.eersel at tip.nl>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:17:50 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Reed Solomon Error Correcting Codes are used on DVD discs to detect and
correct errors ( RS(182,172,11) and RS(208,192,17). I am working on a
software implementation of the Reed Solomon codes. However the speed of the
polynomial calculations is way too slow. For CD I have a matrix based
calculation of the Reed Solomon Codes (RS(26,24,2) and.RS(45,43,2))

What I am looking for is help to create a matrix based algorithm for the DVD
Reed Solomon Codes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Martin van Eersel
mes at odme.nl