Re: Preventing plotting on output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20125] Re: [mg20090] Preventing plotting on output
  • From: BobHanlon at aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 03:04:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Adam,

First, in Show you have to refer to the plots by the names that you assigned
them. Second, use Evaluate.

nodisp = DisplayFunction -> Identity;
graph1 = Plot[Sin[2 Pi x], {x, 0, 2}, Evaluate[nodisp]] ;
graph2 = Plot[Sin[4 Pi x], {x, 0, 2}, Evaluate[nodisp]];
Show[{graph1, graph2}, DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction];

Bob Hanlon