RE: creating input cell with unevaluated expression?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg20154] RE: [mg20089] creating input cell with unevaluated expression?
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 03:05:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Aaron Gross wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to do the following?  I want to write an
expression that creates and inserts (at the current position in the
front-end) an input cell containing a given *unevaluated* expression,
just as if the user had typed it in himself.  For instance, I'd like
to create an input cell containing the expression "1+1", so that if
the user then evaluates the cell, he gets an output cell containing

Aaron, use CellPrint.

Ted Ersek

For Mathematica tips, tricks see