RE: creating input cell with unevaluated expression?

Aaron Gross wrote:
----------------------------
Can anyone tell me how to do the following?  I want to write an
expression that creates and inserts (at the current position in the
front-end) an input cell containing a given *unevaluated* expression,
just as if the user had typed it in himself.  For instance, I'd like
to create an input cell containing the expression "1+1", so that if
the user then evaluates the cell, he gets an output cell containing
"2".

Aaron, use CellPrint.

In[1]:=
CellPrint[Cell[BoxData[RowBox[{"1","+","1"}]],"Input"]]

1+1

Regards,
Ted Ersek

For Mathematica tips, tricks see