Re: unix font problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20141] Re: unix font problem
- From: Jinfeng Liu <jinfeng at tw3042.cpmc.columbia.edu>
- Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 03:05:02 -0400
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"P.J. Hinton" wrote: > > On 30 Sep 1999, Jinfeng Liu wrote: > > > When I ran mathematica, it still complained "assertion > > `GenericUnicodeFont != 0' at MathEditFont.c:43 failed" in the terminal, > > and "The mathematica fonts are not properly installed in your system. > > Without these fonts, typeset mathematical expression cannot be displayed > > properly" in a pop-out window. > > > > Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks a lot. > > What shell command did you use to launch the front end on the SGI machine? > It's 'mathematica' in /usr/local/bin. It says : #!/bin/sh # # Mathematica V3.0.1 command file # # Copyright 1988 - 1997 Wolfram Research, Inc. I don't know whether our sys. admin. modified the original script. At first, the script looks for fonts, and executes 'xset fp+' and 'xset fp rehash'. I think that step was fine, b/c it did not complain anything about that, and the fonts seemed to be added to my X server.