Re: Hypergeometric

Hypergeometric1F1^(1,0,0)[a,b,x]

means the derivative with respect to the first argument; so

D[Hypergeometric1F1[a,b,x],a]  will produce this result.  This is the
standard notation for derivatives of multivariate functions.  The second
derivative WRT b would produce "(0,2,0)", and so on.

Kevin
--

Kevin J. McCann
Johns Hopkins University APL