Re: Rebuilding polygon from CoefficientList?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20193] Re: [mg20164] Rebuilding polygon from CoefficientList?
  • From: BobHanlon at aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 04:04:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Holger,

reconstructPolynomial[coefMatrix_List, vars_List] :=
  Module[{maxPwrs = Dimensions[coefMatrix] - 1, factors, k},
    factors =
      Table[#[[1]]^k, {k, 0, #[[2]]}] & /@ Transpose[{vars, maxPwrs}];
    Flatten[coefMatrix].Flatten[Outer[Times, Apply[Sequence, factors]]]];

poly =  a*x^3*y + b*x^2*y^2*z + c*x*y^3*z^2 + d*z^2 + e*t*x*y*z;

var = {x, y, z};

coef = CoefficientList[poly, var];

reconstructPolynomial[coef, var] == poly

True

var = {t, x, y, z};

coef = CoefficientList[poly, var];

reconstructPolynomial[coef, var] == poly

True

Bob Hanlon

In a message dated 10/4/1999 3:10:53 AM, strauss at ika.ruhr-uni-bochum.de