- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20188] Subscript Variable
- From: CORNIL Jack Michel <jmcornil at club-internet.fr>
- Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 04:04:19 -0400
- Organization: Lycée Privé Sainte Geneviève VERSAILLES
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a problem about subscript variables.
First Question :
If I use a variable named Subscript[x,1] ,
(typed in with Ctrl _)
I can affect a value to this variable, get value of expressions
involving this variable, clear this variable with . but not with Clear
This variable is not given when I ask Names["x*"] and I cannot get
information on it with ?.
Second Question :
If I use such a variable in order to define a function with
I cannot clear the variable with f1=.
(of course, just above f1 means Subscript[f,1])
Thanks a lot for any help
Prev by Date:
Drawing Rectangular Grid
Next by Date:
contrasts in 3d-plots, again ...
Previous by thread:
Re: Drawing Rectangular Grid
Next by thread:
Re: Subscript Variable