Subscript Variable

Hello,

I have a problem about subscript variables.

First Question :

If I use a variable named Subscript[x,1] ,
(typed in with Ctrl _)

I can affect a value to this variable, get value of expressions
involving this variable, clear this variable with . but not with Clear[]
!

This variable is not given when I ask Names["x*"] and I cannot get
information on it with ?.

Second Question :

If I use such a variable in order to define a function with
  f1[x_]=x^2+1
I cannot clear the variable with f1=.
(of course, just above f1 means Subscript[f,1])

Thanks a lot for any help

J.Michel CORNIL