Importing 16-bit TIFF files with 4.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20205] Importing 16-bit TIFF files with 4.0
- From: Beth Sornsin <sornsin at boulder.nist.gov>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:06:26 -0400
- Organization: NIST
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've been trying to import some 16-bit grayscale
TIFF files into Mathematica 4.0 with no success. The files
were created by a commercial imaging program --
the progam says it produces TIFF v6.0.
I need to extract the numerical intensity values from
the TIFF files in order to manipulate them in Mathematica,
so it's not just a matter of displaying the graphics
(which doesn't work either!). I've been able to import
the 8-bit TIFF files just fine.
What I need is:
(1) a way of directly importing the 16-bit TIFF's
into Mathematica 4.0, or
(2) a quick method of converting the 16-bit TIFF's
into a format that Mathematica 4.0 will read.
National Institute of Standards & Technology
MS 815.03, 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80303
tel. 303-497-7612, fax 303-497-7621
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
Prev by Date:
Re: Follow-Up Question to
Next by Date:
Help Needed: How to use a Notebook from an external Program via Mathlink?
Previous by thread:
Save as HTML
Next by thread:
Re: Importing 16-bit TIFF files with 4.0