Help Needed: How to use a Notebook from an external Program via Mathlink?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20207] Help Needed: How to use a Notebook from an external Program via Mathlink?
  • From: "Ulrich Klein" <uklein at iff.fhg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:06:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup Reader,

I am a Mathematica beginner (so perhaps the question is not hard at all)
and I have to develop a software for a couple of tasks, some of them
being numerical evaluations of differential equations (e.g.).

I have to decide whether
1. to write the software monolithically OR
2. to use Mathematica for easy definition of the differential equations to
   be solved

QUESTION(S):
Can I use Mathematica to specify the eqations / systems to be solved,
sending only parameters from my main program via Mathlink?
The standard way seems to send everything via Mathlink, but I want
to stay within Mathematica as far as the mathematical side of the overall
system is concerned.
Can I tell Mathematica to load and use a pre-defined notebook (with my
definitions)?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ulrich Klein

Ulrich Klein
Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation
Sandtorstrasse 22
39106 Magdeburg
Tel: +49-391-67-12110
Fax: +49-391-67-12644