Re: Problem Printing Rational Numbers
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20245] Re: Problem Printing Rational Numbers
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:30:19 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 6 Oct 1999, Marc wrote:
> When printing rational numbers in Mathematica3, the output I get always
> replaces the horizontal line in the rational by some sort of box, filled
> with vertical lines. Does anybody have a suggestion how I could fix
There isn't enough information here to provide anything other than a raw
guess. The glyphs used to draw fraction bars originate from the Math
fonts that are installed by Mathematica. It sounds as if there is a font
substitution or encoding problem.
You'll need to provide the following information:
1) What is the _full_ version of Mathematica that you are using? You can
find this on the "Version Number field" in the Mathematica About box. The
method of opening this window varies from platform to platform, but
regardless of what system you're running on, this command
will do the job.
2) What platform are you running on? Printing is highly sensitive to
3) What type of printer did you use? If your platform requires a driver
for this printer, what version of the driver are you using?
Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.
Prev by Date:
Re: MathLink performance
Next by Date:
Re: Surface of Revolution
Previous by thread:
Problem Printing Rational Numbers
Next by thread:
Surface of Revolution