Re: Defining new Forms

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg20305] Re: Defining new Forms
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:20:38 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Eckhard,

whats wrong with FullForm[] and First[] ?

The general rule in Matheamtica is that

- if someone really want to see the internal data representation
  he has to use FullForm[]

It is not clear why you introduce the ListForm[]. Since Mathematica has
no ListForm[] primitive it will ignore Format[_,ListForm] statements.

If you realy need the first argument of your LargeObject[] you can
call First[LargeObject[_,_]]. This is the typical way to acess the data
Graphics[] objects ..

So you can use

obj // First

and get what you want without any additional formats.

Hope that helps