  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20300] 3.0 Front End and 4.0 Kernel
  • From: marcelor at ACS1.BU.EDU ( Marcelo Rodrigues )
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 03:39:34 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

    I am investigating the possibility of upgrading to v. 4.  The problem is
that I run Mathematica under NeXTSTEP and there will not be v. 4 for this OS.
I am willing to dedicate one of my Intel machines to Linux and run Mathematica
v4 on it. However, I am not willing to let go of my OS of choice and would
like to run the Front End on NeXTSTEP. That Front End is, of course, a 3.0
Front End. To be precise, I'd like to know if it any one has any experience
running a 3.0 Front End with a 4.0 Kernel -- if at all possible. I would be
interested in hearing of any limitations this setup might incur.

Regards,
Marcelo