Possible mis-documentation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20453] Possible mis-documentation
  • From: Philip C Mendelsohn <mend0070 at tc.umn.edu> (Philip C Mendelsohn)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:33:25 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I happened to notice a line in the documentation for Integrate.
The book says that "Multiple Integrals use a variation of
standard iterator notation.  The first variable given
corresponds to the outermost integral and is done last."

Can I get some confirmation?  I am running v4.0.1 under Linux, and
*SEEM* to have determined that the manual is incorrect and
that it does in fact do the innermost variable with the
innermost integral.  However, I got my head turned around
pretty well, so may have not got this correct.

In indefinite integrals, it doesn't matter most times, but for
definite multiple integrals, either the manual is wrong, or I
am making exactly the same mistake as M!

Thanks very much,

Phil Mendelsohn

--
if ($income > $expenses OR $time != $money )
	set hell_frozen=true;