Re: Animated gif

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg20398] Re: Animated gif
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:32:52 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 18 Oct 1999, Hendrik van Hees wrote:

> I switched recently from Mathematica. 3.0 to Mathematica. 4.0 for students. Export is
> really great! But how can I make it to produce animated gif with a loop.
> I use
> Export["/u/vanhees/math/quant/free-motion.gif", motion, "Loop" -> True]
> as well as
> Export["/u/vanhees/math/quant/free-motion.gif", motion, Loop -> True]
> Both versions give a nice animated gif but not with a loop, i.e. it runs
> only one time. Since I like to put it on the web it would be better if
> it would do so.
> Is there another trick or is it a bug? If so, how can I fix it?

The option "Loop" must be expressed as a suboption to the aggregate option

Export["/u/vanhees/math/quant/free-motion.gif", motion,
  ConversionOptions -> {"Loop" -> True}]

This is documented in the online reference guide entry for Export[].

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.