Re: ScientificForm with NotebookWrite

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20503] Re: [mg20447] ScientificForm with NotebookWrite
  • From: "Tom De Vries" <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:05:01 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Steve,

I do quite a bit of this kind of sending info to notebooks, so the following
works for me, but it is only a "trial and error" solution, I too am a little
puzzled why certain box forms produce certain results.

nb=SelectedNotebook[]

fred=ScientificForm[123456.];

NotebookWrite[nb,Cell[TextData[{
    "This is a test:  ",