- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20499] Combinatorica questions!!!
- From: "Keren Edwards" <kedwards at cobol2java.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:04:59 -0400
- Organization: NetVision Israel
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi all!! 2 different questions: 1. how many ways does a castle have to reach from the bottom left side corner of a chess board to the upper right corner of the board if he can move right and up only? 2. you have 8 red identical balls, 9 purple identical balls and 7 white identical ones. a. How many ways can you choose 10 balls with no matter to the order of the balls? b. How many ways can you choose 10 balls with no matter to the order of the balls, if each color must be chosen once at least? Many thanx.