Re: Preventing NotebookWrite From Wrapping

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg20488] Re: [mg20431] Preventing NotebookWrite From Wrapping
  • From: "Tom De Vries" <tdevries at>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:04:52 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello Steve,

minresidual = .0522;

Then, once you create a notebook, the following works....

NotebookWrite[nb, Cell[TextData[{
    "Min Residual =",
    }], "Text"]]

though your decimal formatting may not be what you would like.  I used the
line below to get a better decimal output, but no doubt there is a better
way that someone else might suggest.

NotebookWrite[nb, Cell[TextData[{
    "Min Residual =",
    Cell[ToBoxes[minresidual, TraditionalForm]]
    }], "Text"]]

Tom De Vries