- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20463] Re: Separating
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:04:38 -0400
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
this can't work for your example because the
-lambda ux'[x] * uy'[y] term prevent a separation. It
must be somthing like -lambda*(ux[x]*uy'[y]+ux'[x]*uy[y])
Otherwise, suppose your equation is named pde than
seppde=(Cancel[Expand[#/(uy[y]*ux[x]) ]] & /@ pde) //.
a_. + b_ == c_ /; FreeQ[a, x] :> b == c - a
will move all terms free of x to the right hand side.
Hope that helps
> Hi, I want to separate a pde to the independents x and y.
SNIP SNAP ...
> to x (or y).
> Yours sincerely, Peter Klamser
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: New user question
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: