Re: SymbolShape

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19549] Re: SymbolShape
  • From: David Annetts <dannetts at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:06:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi pytr / Charles

> Is there a way to display multiple symbol shapes for the same data set in
> MultipleListPlot?
>
> I need to plot multiple points for several data sets on the same plot, and I
> want to denote certain aspects of each point in each set by a different
> symbol shape.
>
> I can make the symbols different for each data set as per the manual, but I
> need to plot different shapes within each data set. I use PlotJoined->True
> to link each data set.

Why not just plot the data set twice?

MultipleListPlot[list1, list1, PlotSymbols->{symb1, symb2}, PlotStyle->{styl1,
styl2}, ....];

Regards,

Dave.

 David Annetts                                       _____________
 http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~dannetts/                |C R C A M E T|
 CRC for Australian Mineral                         |````` \      |
 Exploration Technologies                           |`````/$\     |
 Earth & Planetary Sciences                         |````/$$$\____|
 Macquarie University, NSW 2109                     |```/$$$/.....|
 AUSTRALIA                                          |``/$$$/......|
 phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366  -------------