axes in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19591] axes in ListPlot
  • From: Hung-Jen Wang <hjwang at ieas.econ.sinica.edu.tw>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 01:34:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

     I have a list like this:

  aa = {10, 15, 21, 13}

.  If I use
     ListPlot[aa, PlotJoined->True]
to plot the list, it looks fine.  However, if I want to force the origin to
be {0,0} by using
     ListPlot[aa, PlotJoined->True, AxesOrigin->{0,0}]
, then the axes appear broken.  I mean, for instance, only the part of y
axis between 10 and 21 shows up in the graph.  Is there any way to make the
graph looks "normal"?  I am using Mathematica 3.0.  Thanks in advance.

H.J. Wang