  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19648] NonlinearFit
  • From: Virgil Stokes <virgil.stokes at>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:28:40 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In reference to Statistics `NonlinearFit` (vers. 1.4, author: John M. Novak)
for Mathematica Version 3.0.

I would like to be able to replace the minimization criterion
that is currently in this package (least-squares). I am trying to
find a different type of minimization criterion -- one that
performs better (hopefully) for my particular problem.

Is it possible to use this package such that one can override the
current least-squares criterion with a user defined criterion?

-- Virgil