Re: crystal structure?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19657] Re: crystal structure?
- From: Martin Kraus <Martin.Kraus at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
- Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 02:24:10 -0400
- Organization: Institut fuer Informatik, Universitaet Stuttgart
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Big Fish wrote: > > Hello, > > Is there a painless way to draw a nice, smooth, > ball-and-stick type, preferably with a 3D shading, > crystal or molecular structure using Mathematica? > > Yes: How? > > No: Does anyone know of any Windows or UNIX > software, hopefully freeware but will consider > a reasonably priced commercial one, that will > allow me to do that AND save the resulting file > in postscript format? > > Thanks a lot! > > Ebe The picture in the graphics gallery of Wolfram http://library.wolfram.com/graphics/index_2_diagrams3.html was created by Alastair McLean, who has also some packages for crystal structures: http://nanophysics.phy.queensu.ca/mma.html Perhaps he has also some functions for the nice spheres and sticks. Otherwise you have to replace points by spheres and lines by cylinders, good exercise in rule-based programming I guess. :) Greetings Martin Kraus