Re: Finding a relative prime
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19698] Re: [mg19682] Finding a relative prime
- From: "Arnold Knopfmacher" <arnoldk at cam.wits.ac.za>
- Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:36:04 -0400
- Organization: MS, University of the Witwatersrand
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm using Mathematica 3.0 for the Mac, and I'm trying to figure out how
to get it to pick a random number that is relatively prime to another
number, p-1, where p is prime. In other words, pick a random number k
such that 1) k is between 2 and p-1, and 2) k is relatively prime to p-1.
How can I do that in Mathematica 3.0?
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
The Centre for Applicable Analysis and Number Theory:
email: arnoldk at gauss.cam.wits.ac.za
Prev by Date:
nonlinear differential equations
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Finding a relative prime
Next by thread:
Re: RE: Finding a relative prime