Re: does it run under Windows NT server edition?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19863] Re: does it run under Windows NT server edition?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 01:20:45 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 17 Sep 1999, Joseph C. Slater wrote: > Just like the subject says. I don't know what the difference is for the > server edition, and my sysop won't look into it because "I doubt that it > will work". I doubt that he is right, but the web site doesn't state that > it will work on the server edition. Will it? It might help if you clarify what you mean by "it" and "will work" If you are referring to Mathematica 4 and whether one could expect Mathematica to launch and run successfully on a computer running Windows NT Server, then there shouldn't be any forseeable problem. The main differences between the workstation and server versions of NT are largely in licensing policy and administrative tools. A useful table for comparison can be found here. http://www.globetrotting.com/windowsnt/ntwork_serv_95.htm -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.