How to make Package?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19926] How to make Package?
- From: "Dana DeLouis" <dana2 at email.msn.com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 02:22:55 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello. I am new to Mathematica 3 and just read the book "Programming in Mathematica." I would like to make my own "Package," but the book forgets to mention how to do this exactly. In other words, I do not know where the command go, and how to save them to a file with a *.m extension. Do I need to put the following in 1 cell only, and use "Save as ..Package"? Or, do I need to put them in multiple cells? Another article I read gives the impression I write the lines in a Word processor, and save it as a Text file with a *.m extension. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance. Dana If I have a simple example: BeginPackage["MyFile`MyStuff`"] Something::usage = etc Begin["`Private`"] etc End EndPackage