fractions as axes-labels?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19963] fractions as axes-labels?
  • From: Robert <robert at>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:26:16 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I can't get any fractions as labels on axes, e.g.

Plot[Sin[t],{t,0,2 Pi},

doesn't work. with "why the beep" I get the answer:

" the stretchable character xxx in the xxx font has a repeating piece
that is zero size ",

but if I change the font, it still doesn't work. right now I have a
mathematica-book on my desk, where much more complicated examples are
shown, so in principle it should work. has anybody an idea what I do

thanks, robert