Linear Algebra `MatrixManipulation`

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19982] Linear Algebra `MatrixManipulation`
  • From: "Robert F. Scheyder" <scheyder at math.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:26:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me.

When I define two matrices such as G={{1,2},{3,4}}  and H={{5,6,},{7,8}} and
then perform an operation such as multiplication, I get the correct result.
But, if I add  MatrixForm to each matrix first and then perform the
operation, the operation is not evaluated.  The output is simply two
Standard Form expressions with no result.

I appreciate any help.

Robert

Robert F. Scheyder
Department of Mathematics