Keyboard trouble in Mathematica 3.0

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the following problem
 	I am running win 98 and my keyboard works properly in every
single application thus far (By properly I mean the symbols on the
keys are what I get on screen when I press them) I mathematica though
my keyboard characters are all screwed up. (ex. I hit { and I get @, I
hit { and I get 8 )
Can anyone please help with this problem?
Thanks
Joseph