Ordering output in a polynomial

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg20075] Ordering output in a polynomial
  • From: George Szpiro <george at>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 03:33:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Thanks to all the people who answered my question about multiple

The answer was

Integrate[1, {x[1], 0, 1},
  Sequence @@ Table[{x[n], k[n - 1], x[n - 1]}, {n, 2, 4}]]

I would now like to order the output in a special way, i.e., the terms
of a polynomial should be in a form, such that the expressions with only
one term are first, then the expressions with two terms, etc. How do I
do that?

I would like to get (a + b)^2 = a^2 + b^2 + 2ab

instead of a^2 + 2ab + b^2

Thank you very much in advance for help to my e-mail
george at

George Szpiro