  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20083] Mathematica programming language
  • From: Shige Song <sgsong at ucla.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 02:43:03 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I am a new user of Mathematica, I just bought the student version
version 4.0. At first glance, the programing language is very different
from all the other language I know. I program in VB and Delphi, a little
bit in C, I also do some programming statistical packages like SAS and
Stata; but the Mathematica's syntax (and the philosophy) seems to be
totally different.

Can anybody suggest some readings about programming in Mathematica from
a perspective of more traditional language, like those I listed above?
Does anybody want to share his experience (and feeling) of learning to
program in Mathematica?

Thank you very much.

Best,

Shige Song