creating input cell with unevaluated expression?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20089] creating input cell with unevaluated expression?
- From: Aaron Gross <aaron+usenet at bfr.co.il>
- Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 02:43:06 -0400
- Organization: speaking for myself here
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Can anyone tell me how to do the following? I want to write an expression that creates and inserts (at the current position in the front-end) an input cell containing a given *unevaluated* expression, just as if the user had typed it in himself. For instance, I'd like to create an input cell containing the expression "1+1", so that if the user then evaluates the cell, he gets an output cell containing "2". I tried StylePrint[HoldForm[1+1],"Input"] but that doesn't work -- the input cell still has the "Hold" tag, so when the user evaluates it by hand, he gets an output cell containing "1+1" rather than "2". I also tried StylePrint[Unevaluated[1+1],"Input"] but that just gave me a "2" in the input cell. So what's the "right" way to do this?