Re: Mathematica 4.0.1 Front End crashes my Mac

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg20109] Re: Mathematica 4.0.1 Front End crashes my Mac
  • From: wetwarenospam at (Jay Lee)
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 02:43:16 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <7ssge2$bm2 at>, Andrew Cunningham
<andrewc at> wrote:

> I'm running a stable OS 8.6 system. After starting and then quitting the
> Front-End (4.0.1), my Mac will crash as soon as I click on any menu bar
> ( say, of the finder). MacsBug shows I am in _InitProcMenu. This is 100%
> reproducible and I don't even have to do anything in the front end -
> just start and quit. I then have to reboot my Mac. Interestingly every
> app crashes during the reboot process. No other app causes problems like
> this.
> Has anyone else seen something similar?

I've got a real strage little effect. My seti at home screensaver starts up
behind mathematica 4. It does this whether no matter what activities I'm
completing in the notebook. The screensaver is starting as if it isn't
aware that I'm using the computer. It must have something to do with the
way the kernel works.

Other than that quirk, the new version 4.0.1 seems more stable than 3.

Jay Lee

Remove nospam from address to send me a direct email.